You will desire
- 12 tablespoons soft unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups granulated brown sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups sour cream
- 2 ½ cups plain flour
- ¾ cup of chopped walnuts/almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Glaze: ½ cup of icing sugar and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup/ or coffee butter cream.
So then, cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl or electric mixer until light, fluffy and paler in colour. Next you add in the eggs slowly and mix well after each edition so as not to curdle the mixture. Now add the vanilla and sour cream to the mix and blend together. In a medium sized dry bowl, sift together all the powdered ingredients and then add them to the mix on a low speed so as not to create a flour cloud! Add in the instant coffee and boiling water … At this stage you can also add some chopped nuts if you like… Place the mix in a 10’’ Bundt/tube cake pan or an 8’’ round one and bake it at 170c for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Smother the cake with the icing of your choice when it is completely cooled.